Re: how to run .m file into octave

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: how to run .m file into octave
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 09:33:32 -0500

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 9:29 AM, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 2:42 AM, dbonneau <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have test.m file in textpad and would like to run this code into octave.
>> Could you please tell me how to do that ?
>> If I just type the code in octave command window, it works but I don't
>> know
>> how to just run the .m file in textpad.
>>
>> Thanks d
>>

> If the file is called  test.m and if the file is in a path the octave looks
> at, then just type     test     at the octave prompt.
>
> To see where octave is looking for your file type    pwd
>
> --
> DAS

Just do not call it "test.m", use "test1.m" at least .....

octave:1> help test
`test' is a function from the file /usr/share/octave/3.6.2/m/testfun/test.m

 -- Command:  test NAME
 -- Command:  test NAME quiet|normal|verbose
 -- Function File:  test ('NAME', 'quiet|normal|verbose', FID)
 -- Function File:  test ([], 'explain', FID)
 -- Function File: SUCCESS = test (...)
 -- Function File: [N, MAX] = test (...)
 -- Function File: [CODE, IDX] = test ('NAME', 'grabdemo')
     Perform tests from the first file in the loadpath matching NAME.
     `test' can be called as a command or as a function.  Called with a
     single argument NAME, the tests are run interactively and stop
     after the first error is encountered.

Dmitri.