installing octave and octcdf

From: Wayne Leslie
Subject: installing octave and octcdf
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 15:00:07 -0400

Good afternoon.

I installed octave on my linux system using the command “yum install octave-forge”.  This worked fine and installed octave as requested.  I then downloaded octcdf and tried to install it within octave:

octave:4> pkg install octcdf-1.1.5.tar.gz

error: the following dependencies where unsatisfied:

   octcdf needs octave >= 3.4.0

It appears that my installation of octave is, for some reason, 3.0.5, where 3.6.3 seems to be the current version.  What step am I missing in this process and how do I get these two installed properly?

Thank you very much,

Wayne Leslie