Re: no more combinatorics and physical-constants package

From: c.
Subject: Re: no more combinatorics and physical-constants package
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 09:23:30 +0200

On 16 Oct 2012, at 02:21, Carnë Draug wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> I have removed the combinatorics and physical-constants packages.
>
> They had been moved into the miscellaneous package some months ago and
> since a new release of it was made, I have also released these two as
> well. They are empty packages, only have a dummy file and are
> dependent on the new version of miscellaneous just to ease transition.
>
> Carnë

Carnë,

I do agree with the move of physical_constant into the miscellaneous package
as it reduces the total number of packages.
Was it really necessary, though, to change the names of all the constants?
This breaks all existing code using "physical_constant" (and I have a lot of
that around),
would you mind if check-in a patch to allow using both the new and the old
format for the names?
It would also have been nice if this change was mentioned somewhere, for
example in the "news".

c.