no default transpose or ctranspose for classes?

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: no default transpose or ctranspose for classes?
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 03:03:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I'm testing out the fractions toolbox from the Matlab FEX in Octave 3.6.1
(I'm aware of the restrictions imposed by this, I have emailed the author to
request a direct copy). This is using the MSVC build on Windows XP 32 Bit,
can test Linux later.

One issue I have come up against is that the transpose and ctranspose
operators are not defined for the fr class. When I try something like:

octave> [fr(1), fr(2)]'
error: ctranspose method not defined for fr class
octave> [fr(1), fr(2)].'
error: transpose method not defined for fr class

In Matlab these command return:

>> [fr(1), fr(2)]'
ans =
 2x1 fraction array with elements (reading down columns)
   1
   2
>> [fr(1), fr(2)].'
ans =
 2x1 fraction array with elements (reading down columns)
   1
   2

Is this an intentional difference?

Thanks,