How to reset figure setting to factory default

From: marasolc
Subject: How to reset figure setting to factory default
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 10:49:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

how can I reset the figure settings to factory defaults? Here is a simple
version of my problem:
I played around a bit with settings of a figure, lets say this way:

plot(1:10)
print('fig.png','-dpng')     % The .png figure looks OK
set(gcf,'papersize',[4 2]) %the figure in pop-up window still looks the same
as before
print('fig.png','-dpng')     % However, .png figure's y-size is now twice
bigger than the x-size
clf reset %or reset(gcf)  % I want to restore the original size of png
plot(1:10)
print('fig.png','-dpng')     % The .png figure's y-size is still twice
bigger than the x-size,
                                  %so the reset did not work...

The fiugre settings resets only after restart of Octave.
How can I reset the figure to factory defaults within the program?
(3.6.1 Win7, gnuplot graphics toolkit)

Thanks a lot,
Marek Scholz