Re: stroring pointers from oct-files

From: c.
Subject: Re: stroring pointers from oct-files
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 13:27:11 +0100

On 5 Nov 2012, at 13:11, pantxo diribarne wrote:

> Instrument-control package provides interfaces to serial/parallel/i2c ports,
> wich is far not enough to talk to a modbus device (or libmodbus author has
> created an empty lib :-). I need the protocol layer and it works very well
> with libmodbus.
>
> Do I really have to define an octave class (following e.g. Instrument-control
> classes example), or is the static variable solution viable (and safe)?
I think using an Octave class would be cleaner and safer, but if the static
variable approach works and you are more confortable with it, just go for it.

> BTW I tried to put multiple DEFUN_DLD in the same file, it compiles fine but
> if I run octave in the corresponding directory, DLD functions don't seem to
> be defined. What is the trick here?
whenevere you have a function that is defined in an oct file with a name that
does not coincide with the function name,
you need to use the autoload command to tell the Octave interpreter which file
to load it from, e.g:

autoload ("foo", "bar.oct");

> Pantxo
c.