Re: equivalent for C-style init: structname varname[] = {...} ?

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: equivalent for C-style init: structname varname[] = {...} ?
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 23:25:00 +0100

>Also, struct arrays, cell arrays, and plain arrays are the basic types
>in Octave. Plain arrays are of homogenous type, cell arrays are of
>heterogenous type, where each cell can contain any Octave type,
>including another cell, and a struct array is a cell array where one
>dimension is indexed by strings instead of positive integers. These
>are your basic building blocks, and perhaps they are enough for
>solving your problem at hand. The cell() and struct() functions can be
>used to build cell and struct arrays and ordinary arrays can be built
>with [] notation. In addition, you can use {} to build cell arrays.

Well, this is a good introduction to Octave data structures.  It would
be nice to put somehing like that in the manual.

Maybe as an introduction to a new section whose subsections would be the
current "Data types" and "Data containers"?

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.315.3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107