Re: [fink-core] Running Octave from Fink?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: [fink-core] Running Octave from Fink?
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 18:38:34 -0500

On Nov 13, 2012, at 6:23 PM, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

> [...]

Much of Apple's toolchain is licensed under the Apple Public Source License
(now Version 2).

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Public_Source_License

        http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/apsl.html

(quote)
The FSF now considers the APSL to be a free software license with two major
practical problems, reminiscent of the NPL:

        • It is not a true copyleft, because it allows linking with other files
which may be entirely proprietary.
        • It is incompatible with the GPL.
(/quote)

Looks like the APSL qualifies as free, but it is not compatible with GPL.

Ben