Re: equivalent for C-style init: structname varname[] = {...} ?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: equivalent for C-style init: structname varname[] = {...} ?
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 09:19:03 -0500

On 14 November 2012 02:01, Yury T. <address@hidden> wrote:
> Personally, I'd like to have in Octave a capabilities on the lines of what I
> mentioned here:
>
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/equivalent-for-C-style-init-structname-varname-tp4646460p4646552.html

I insist that the cell2struct solution I presented here solves your problem:

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/equivalent-for-C-style-init-structname-varname-tp4646460p4646525.html

You have already rejected it, but I don't know on what grounds.

> ...even if it diverted Octave's capabilities from those of Matlab.

If you want something that is not Matlab, I recommend Scipy, which is
a full-fledged programming language (Python), R (which apparently
you've already rejected), or Scilab. Octave may stray from Matlab
sometimes, but not at the expense of making Matlab code not run in
Octave. I am already considering adding a feature to struct arrays in
order to be able to index them without getting cs-lists.

- Jordi G. H.