Re: image on sphere

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: image on sphere
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 22:22:15 +0100

Please:
1. Keep the mailing list always in CC
2. Answer at the bottom of the message

More at the bottom...

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 10:16 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> I receive communicate from console:
> error: Invalid call to rgb2ind.  Correct usage is:
>
>  -- Function File: [X, MAP] = rgb2ind (RGB)
>  -- Function File: [X, MAP] = rgb2ind (R, G, B)
>

> Additional help for built-in functions and operators is
> available in the on-line version of the manual.  Use the command
> `doc <topic>' to search the manual index.
>
> Help and information about Octave is also available on the WWW
> at http://www.octave.org and via the address@hidden
> mailing list.
> octave:12>
> sorry for my english and thank you very much for quick answer :)
>

> Dnia 19 listopada 2012 22:12 Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden>
> napisał(a):
>

> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 9:16 PM, gregortjw <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have a little problem.
>> I want to put an image on sphere like this:
>> http://angeljohnsy.blogspot.com/2012/03/text-on-sphere-matlab-code.html
>> The code from matlab didn't work because of function rgb2ind .
>>

>> --
>
> What is the error you are getting?

Post the simplest code that reproduces your problem here
http://agora.octave.org/snippet/

>From the error you sent it is simply that you are calling rgb2ind incorrectly
The code you send in the link uses

[mytext,map]=rgb2ind(A,256);

But as you see from the error rgb2ind in Octave can't be called like
that. You have ti understand what is that line supposed to do and then
do the equivalent in Octave.
Hope that helps.

Cheers