AW: Very slow ploting with gnu plot (windows)

From: Froebe, Matej
Subject: AW: Very slow ploting with gnu plot (windows)
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 09:17:21 +0100

> Some anti-virus program scanning the temp file that octave is making for gnuplot?

I disabled the anti-virus program, but I still get the same behavior.

>Please try the example I gave earlier.  That will allow us to determine what us responsible.

Octave returns the following. I didn't check the warnings yet.

warning: print.m: epstool binary is not available.

Some output formats are not available.

warning: print.m: fig2dev binary is not available.

Some output formats are not available.

warning: print.m: pstoedit binary is not available.

Some output formats are not available.

gnuplot_eps =  2.0150

gnuplot_png =  1.0620

Der Befehl "C:\Programme\MiKTeX" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder

konnte nicht gefunden werden.

fltk_eps =  1.1250

fltk_png =  0.54600

>I suspect font loading…    …However, this should only be done once.

Like I said, it doesn’t happen just once and it only happens for large data. But it looks it could be a reason for the behavior that Jake described.