Problem : loading external list

From: Emilie04
Subject: Problem : loading external list
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 09:46:52 -0800 (PST)

Hello everybody,

My script functions perfectly on MATLAB, but in my lab, I have to test on
Octave. So I transform my script for that it's conform to Octave (the
difference is only, I think, the command to load external lists).

The script runs at the beginning, but when it arrives at the moment where it
has to load the file in .txt, nothing happens (in bold in the script
beside).

Here, this is a part of my script. Have you an idea of what is
dysfunctioning? Thank you very much

w=Screen('OpenWindow', 0);
cycleRefresh=Screen('GetFlipInterval', w);

HideCursor

[width, height]=Screen('WindowSize', w);

%% ETAPE 2: INSTRUCTIONS

instruction=imread('Instruction1.jpg');
Screen(w, 'FillRect', [255, 255, 255])
Screen('Putimage', w, instruction)
Screen(w, 'Flip')
[secs, keyCode, deltaSecs]=KbWait
WaitSecs(0.3)

%% ETAPE 4 : IMPORTATION DES FICHIERS

*items=[];
        fid = fopen('horlogealea.txt');
                while ~feof(fid)
                        temp=sscanf(fgetl(fid), '%s');
                        items=[items;temp];
                        temp=[];
                end
        fclose(fid);
items = cellstr(items);*

nItems=length(items); % spécifie la longueur de la liste
tex=zeros(1,nItems);% Textures

Order=randi(length(items)):length(items) % Premier stimulus aléatoire, puis
suite de la liste

*stimuli=[];
        fid = fopen('horloge.txt');
                while ~feof(fid)
                        temp=sscanf(fgetl(fid), '%s');
                        stimuli=[stimuli;temp];
                        temp=[];
                end
        fclose(fid);
stimuli = cellstr(stimuli);*

    nStim=length(stimuli);
    texstim=zeros(1,nStim);

    vbl=Screen(w, 'Flip');

    %% ETAPE 5 : HORLOGE AL»ATOIRE

            for g=Order
                img=imread(items{g});
                tex(g)=Screen('MakeTexture', w, img); %Faire les textures
                Screen('drawtexture', w, tex(g))
                vbl=Screen(w, 'Flip', vbl+(2.5*cycleRefresh));
                KbCheck;
            end