User input combined, error "input: reading user-input failed!"

From: hkhauke
Subject: User input combined, error "input: reading user-input failed!"
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 04:34:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone,

I use a C/C++ mex-file within Octave. From within that mex-file, I use
"mexPrintf"
to post some infos to the Octave command line interface.

If done so, the following command "str = input('Specify your Selection',
's');" is part of a more
lengthy script and fails with the error message "input: reading user-input
failed!".

If the mex-function is NOT called before using the input command, there
seems to be no problem.

Is that a desired behavior? The mexPrintf in the mex file is only my
personal guess as the reason for the failure. Could there be another reason?

Thank you for any help and best regards

Hauke