problem using the print command

From: mwr1981
Subject: problem using the print command
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 12:29:55 -0800 (PST)

Hi Folks,

I have a somewhat stubborn, and definitely annoying problem when I try to
save plots with the print command.  I am running octave 3.6.1 on windows xp.
When I run the following commands

x = [0:0.1:2*pi];
plot(x/pi,sin(x))
print('sin(x).eps', '-deps');

The figure window looks as it should, but the eps has an extra line going
from (0,0) to about halfway along the plot.  Its as if the plot stopped at
some point, call it (x,y) then started again from (0,0) to (x+1, y+1) then
continues along the normal curve  (see attached image).
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4649487/sinx.jpg>

If I change the interval for the x array, say x = [0:0.5:2*pi], then the
line does not appear, and if I make it [0:0.01:2*pi] then I get several
lines.  So it seems like the print command can only draw a certain number of
points.

I tried different format, pdf, jpg, etc. and they all show the same problem.
Plotting directly in gnuplot does not produce this problem.

Does anyone know anything about this?