Re: Symbol with overbar or underline

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Symbol with overbar or underline
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 16:07:30 -0500

On 6 February 2013 13:44, Nikolai Huckle <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am trying to use a certain kind of symbol notation for plot labels with
> gnuplot (see attached .jpeg).

I don't think Octave can do this. We don't have any TeX support at
all. If Octave gets into GSoC this year, giving Octave a TeX
interpreter would be a very nice project:

    http://wiki.octave.org/GSoC_Project_Ideas#TeX.2FLaTeX_markup

Gnuplot has a very limited TeX interpreter, and just as an accident
that Octave is using gnuplot, some simple TeX works, but probably
nothing as elaborate as what you showed. The usual thing people do is
create the eps image and then use tricks to put on it the TeX output
that they want, outside of Octave.

- Jordi G. H.