[no subject]

From: MARCELINO RODRIGUEZ
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 10:06:17 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I am a rookie with octave and would like to use to create a program to do
elementary mathematical and linear algebra calculations but am having problems
setting up the startup files.
I have a windows vista business 21 bits os and downloaded a Octave 3.24 version
software.

After several unsuccessful attempts at setting up the startup files, my octave
3.24 will not even start properly giving an error on the initial prompt when I
try to run it.

I have not been able to uninstall the program on my windows control panel nor
been able to download a new version because my window defender rejects the
download attempts.

Could anyone suggest how I should proceed?