Problems to install octave 3.6.4 and to run MPI examples

From: Edwardo
Subject: Problems to install octave 3.6.4 and to run MPI examples
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 18:27:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!

Right now, I have octave 3.4.2 installed in my computer. I also installed
the openmpi_ext 1.1.0 package to have access to MPI in octave. The problem
is that when I run an MPI example from the package it gives me segmentation
fault:

address@hidden ~ $ mpirun -np 2 octave -q --eval helloworld
We are at rank 0 that is master etc..
Greetings from process: 1!
panic: Segmentation fault -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
panic: Segmentation fault -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
mpirun noticed that process rank 0 with PID 12370 on node Zero exited on
signal 11 (Segmentation fault).

I think that the helloworld.m (type "edit helloworld" in octave to see it)
is well written. I dont understand what happens and I dont know how to fix
it...

So, I decided to install octeve 3.6.4 to see if this will fix it. I
downloaded it, but when I run the ./configure it says an error :

configure: WARNING: cURL library not found.  The ftp objects, urlread and
urlwrite functions will be disabled.
checking whether ld accepts -framework OpenGL... no
checking for GL/gl.h... yes
checking for GL/glu.h... yes
checking for glEnable in -lGL... yes
checking for FT2... configure: error: Package requirements (freetype2) were
not met:

No package 'freetype2' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables FT2_CFLAGS
and FT2_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

I dont know exactly how to fix it so that I can install it.
Can Someone help me?

Thanks!!

Note: If someone knows how to fix the MPI problem it will be really
appreciated, this is the only reason that I am trying to install the 3.6.4
version. I am triying to get MPI to run because I have some research stuff
to do an octave with MPI is just perfect for it.