Re: Using cell2csv

From: Terry Duell
Subject: Re: Using cell2csv
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 20:27:33 +1000

Hello Philip,

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 18:48:09 +1000, PhilipNienhuis <address@hidden> wrote:

[snip]

Assuming your data are numerical, what you want looks more like a job for
dlmwrite (which has an append option) or even a simple fprintf (see below).
(You can also use csvwrite but that is a mere wrapper for dlmwrite.)

First write the column titles, next append the data (as numerical array, not
cell array).

The data is both string (filenames) and numerical, which is why I used a cell.

If you want to write mixed data (text and numerical) you'd have to wait for a patched csv2cell, but easier is to fiddle with fprintf somewhere along the lines of:

[snip]

Yes, fprintf looks like the method I will probably have to use.

In my subsequent searches for more info I turned up a similar question I posted back in 2012, so it seems that my memory wasn't working too well!

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
--
Regards,