Re: GPIB test on HP8510C electrical-optical calibration

From: martine1212
Subject: Re: GPIB test on HP8510C electrical-optical calibration
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 02:48:52 -0700 (PDT)

No way of reducing the number of points, it would make it useless for a
microwave network analyzer.
I found out it is Xoctave that crashes..... not octave by itself.

The problem with the gpib_read is the format in which it  returns the data.
As I said, things with outputs that are only a few bytes it is ok... say a
multimeter, a microwave generator is ok.
But for a modern VNA it is a lot of data...

HP8510C is like 20050 chars per band (5 or more bands)
Anritsu VNA Scorpion it can give you like 1Mbyte per band.

I suspect something is being lost... i am getting half arrays