Re: nargout flagged as invalid function in mechanics package, function m

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: nargout flagged as invalid function in mechanics package, function mdsim
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 19:30:32 -0400

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 09:55:27 -0500, James S. Meyer wrote:
> The packages were installed along with Octave 3.6.4 onto both Windows 8 and
> Windows 7  64 bit systems.  I have been trying to implement with all the .m
> files in the same directory but I haven't experimented enough to see if I
> need to change any arguments in mdsim if I use the command demofunc1 or
> demofunc2 or demofunc3.

Ok, I'm still not sure why the functions are not found for you. I
don't know anything about the mechanics package in particular, but in
general if a package is installed properly in Octave, you should be
able to call its functions without copying or changing any files. On
Linux, I do the following after starting Octave:

  octave:1> pkg load mechanics
  octave:2> which mdsim
  'mdsim' is a function from the file [path to file]
  octave:3> which demofunc1
  'demofunc1' is a function from the file [path to file]
  octave:4> demo mdsim

And the demo runs.

--
mike