problems with resample

From: duncs
Subject: problems with resample
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 08:21:18 -0700 (PDT)

Folks

I'm running Octave 3.6.2 on Winddows 7, with signal 1.2.2 (and all it's
dependent packages) loaded.  I'm trying to do a simple test of the resample
function;

x = linspace(0,1,1000); x = x*10*pi;
y = sin(x);
z = resample(y,1,2);

but I get

'error: 'upfirdn' undefined near line 116 column 9'

Reading the package description on Octave-Forge is states that upfirdn is
one of the functions in the signal package, but looking at the file listing
in the package directory there is no m file of this name, nor is it a
function within the resample m-file.  Entering 'help upfirdn' confirms that
the system can't find it.

Am I doing something daft here?

Duncan