Fwd: Re: Octave - is there a possibilty to access the data of a plotted

From: Werner Koenig
Subject: Fwd: Re: Octave - is there a possibilty to access the data of a plotted curve
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 18:58:20 +0200

Hello Jason, hello List

Thanks for the quick and realy good answers. Jasons answer is exact
the solution for what I wanted. I have make a little test-routine to clarify
the solved problem for all interested people.

function TestPlot_001()

   clf
   hold on

   % because to make a simple example
   % plot length is always equal
   % So you can put the Data in a field
   % In a more complex example, you have
   % to use a structure
   plot(0:0.1:6,sin(0:0.1:6))
   plot(0:0.1:6,sqrt(0:0.1:6))
   plot(0:0.1:6,log(0:0.1:6))

childrenOfAxes = get(gca,"children"); % This is the handle to all line objects on the current axes
   for i = 1 : length(childrenOfAxes)        % access all curves
gco = childrenOfAxes(i); % this is the object of line(i) xdata(i,:) = get (gco, "xdata"); % get data and put it in a field
      ydata(i,:) = get (gco, "ydata");
   endfor

   echo = "Hit any key"
   pause

   % now you can do something with the data, e.g. redraw
   clf
   pause(2)
   hold on

   s = size(xdata);
   for i = 1:s(1,1)
      plot(xdata(i,:),ydata(i,:));
   endfor

   hold off

endfunction

But now I have some more questions
   - can I select a curve with the mouse

   - how get I the information that the curve was selected
   ----- is there an interrupt,
   ----- may I install a listener or
   ----- may I done some other pollings

  - how get I the information, which curve and which point
    of the curve is selected

So long Werner

returns please to list and address@hidden