Re: problems installing openmpi_ext

From: c.
Subject: Re: problems installing openmpi_ext
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 15:54:03 +0200

On 13 Sep 2013, at 11:31, Michael Creel <address@hidden> wrote:

> I had a look, and I believe that the solution is to just comment out lines 38
> and 39 in MPI_Iprobe.cc. As far as I can see, this change can't break
> anything. It does fix the failure to compile. I have tested it in Octave
> (3.6.4), and it seems to work fine with Open MPI 1.6.4, the version in
> Debian testing. I'm attaching the file, or you can just comment out the
> lines yourself. Is that ok?
> Cheers,
> M. MPI_Iprobe.cc
> <http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4657299/MPI_Iprobe.cc>

As I said before [1,2], as long as we keep accessing
internal undocumented fields of the MPI_Status structure, we are bound to fail.
The clean solution would be to implement a wrapper for the MPI::Status class in
Octave,

but indeed we can just keep the struct approach without accessing those field
directly
and using the right methods instead.

I pushed these changes:
http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/code/12226/#diff-6
http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/code/12226/#diff-7

could you please download the package from the repository and see if the
current version works for you?
c.

[ 1] https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8169
[ 2] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=39816