Re: Octave 3.6.2 SUSE SLE 11 gcc version

From: Mike Puglia
Subject: Re: Octave 3.6.2 SUSE SLE 11 gcc version
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 06:39:52 -0800 (PST)

On Friday, November 8, 2013 11:25 PM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

On 8 Nov 2013, at 13:41, Mike Puglia <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know what version of gcc was used to compile Octave 3.6.2 included in the science repository for SUSE SLE11 SP2?  I checked the wiki at http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_GNU/Linux but it does not say.

you should check this with the maintainers of the SUSE package rather than on the Octave wiki.

>  Also, am I correct if I assume that mkoctfile will require the same version of gcc in order to compile oct files?

you can check the compiler that mkoctfile is configured to use by typing:

mkoctfile -p CXX

> Thanks in advance,
>
> MTP

HTH,

c.

Thank you.  I tried the mkoctfile command you suggested before and it only returns "g++" with no version number.  Likewise for the other flags, I'm only getting "gcc" etc with no version number.

Also, just for the sake of correctness, the science repository I mentioned above includes Octave 3.6.4, not 3.6.2, so the wiki is wrong it looks like.  I'll check with the maintainers on the rest.  Thanks for your help.

MTP