'Create a MacOSX App Bundle'

From: Patrick Hinkle
Subject: 'Create a MacOSX App Bundle'
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 08:31:34 -0800

I have Octave installed on my mac with MacPorts and have been studying  the wikipedia article http://wiki.octave.org/Create_a_MacOS_X_App_Bundle_Using_MacPorts. In the 'Create the Mac OSX Bundle' section of this article it mentions that there are 4 steps in creating a Mac OSX bundle:
1-"First, Octave and all its build and run-time dependencies must be extracted from the MacPorts installation"
I have the folders 'octave' and 'macports' that I have used to program with Octave from the Terminal.  Would importing these folders, which contain Octave's dependencies, into an AppleScript project in Xcode effectively perform this task?  If not what steps am I missing?