Re: How to truncate a file after partly overwriting it

From: Macy
Subject: Re: How to truncate a file after partly overwriting it
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 05:58:41 -0800

I forgot this is a .XML file which is allowed to have EOF charactrs laced
throughout! thought it was a .txt file for some reason.

I have absolutely no idea how to go after the file directory allocations.
Somebody must know how to change that because there are so many 'System Tools'
out there for repairing files/deirectory.

However,...As long as you modify the file by shortening it, I'll bet you'll
have no problem. I'll bet even if you lengthen the file, all will be ok with
the System, because you are writing and appending to that file. The useable
length HAS to be in the file's header. and the application has to use that for
reading in the file. The stuff at the system directory has to be only for the
HD controller, etc. You know, where a little bit is here, a little bit is
there, type info. Again, I don't KNOW, just guessing. Based upon modifying the
lenghs of .bmp files in Windows 95/98 based systems.