How to re-install an uninstalled package?

From: sabuncu
Subject: How to re-install an uninstalled package?
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 04:54:05 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am running 3.6.4 Windows Visual Studio binaries on Win 7.

I uninstalled image-2.0.0 thinking that I could install image-2.2.0 but
learned that image-2.2.0 requires Octave 3.8.0.  I downloaded
image-2.0.0.tar.gz and issued pkg install command.  It came back with the
following error:

sh.exe: ./configure: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I am sure there is a more straightforward way to install a package that has
just been uninstalled.  Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.