Execution time, bvp4c()

From: Fausto Arinos Barbuto
Subject: Execution time, bvp4c()
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 01:39:37 -0300

I'm running a simple boundary value problem on Octave 3.2.4 (Ubuntu 12.04)
and on Matlab (same computer) and verified that whereas Matlab finishes
the job in 2.3 seconds Octave takes 995.6 seconds, or 16.6 minutes. I
tried to figure out whatever was wrong with my script, but everything is
apparently OK.  Does anyone know if this is a specific bvp4c() problem?
I also observed that whereas Matlab presents a single plot at the end of
the execution Octave pops up a few intermediate plots while the script
is running.

Nevertheless, as one might expect, the final results presented by both
Octave and Matlab agree.

Thanks in advance,

F.