meaning of matrix operation A(B)

From: kankan
Subject: meaning of matrix operation A(B)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 23:17:44 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,

I have two matrix A and B. Size of A is 512x1 and size of B is 132x108.
There is an operation in octave: A(B). Output of this operation is a matrix
132x108. What is the name of this operation and what does it is doing.
Actualy I want to know the algorithm of this operation and want to use in
fortran.
The source code of applylut function of image-processing package of octave
used this operation (at line no 42 of applylut.m).
The command is : A=LUT(filter2(w,BW)+1);
Here LUT is a matrix of dimension 512x1 and filter2(w,BW) is 132x108. I want
to know how A has been calculated.
Please help me.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,