Missing help

From: Sorin Schwimmer
Subject: Missing help
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 11:13:35 -0800

Hi All,

I just installed Octave on a Gentoo Linux with "emerge octave". It worked fine,
and I'm playing with the interpreter to learn.

My problem is that I'm missing the ad-hoc documentation. When loading, Octave
reports this:
warning: docstring file '/usr/share/octave/3.8.2/etc/built-in-docstrings' not
found

If I try something like:
octave:2> help version

I get an error:
error: unable to open /usr/share/octave/3.8.2/etc/macros.texi for reading

I checked, and, indeed, there is no built-in-docstrings, nor macros.texi.

How can I add them?

Thanks,
SxN