Re: [Kriging-help] Conditional Simulation Methods

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: [Kriging-help] Conditional Simulation Methods
Date: Sun, 03 May 2015 20:02:25 +0200

Le 02/05/2015 17:38, Nat Price a écrit :
Hello,

It is my understanding that the STK conditional simulation method based on Cholesky factorization is limited to a moderate number (maybe a few thousand?) evaluation points. Also, it only provides discrete conditional simulations. Are there any plans to implement other conditional simulation methods capable of a large number of evaluation points and/or continuous simulations?

Thanks,
Nat

Hello Nat,

Thank you for your interest in STK.

Yes, you are right about the current state of STK : conditional simulations are performed used a Cholesky factorization, and therefore limited to a few thousand evaluations points.

We certainly intend to include other simulation methods in the future, but this is not priority right now... Perhaps could you help with this task ?

About "continuous simulations": I don't know what you mean by that. Do you have something specific in mind ?

@++
Julien