Re: matlab functions audiorecorder etc

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: matlab functions audiorecorder etc
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 11:35:14 -0400

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 17:09:19 +0200, Jan-Bert Winkel te wrote:
> Dear Mike
>
> I installed this weekend octave on my linux laptop. Today i tried
> 'audiodevinfo'  (same set as the functions 'audiorecorder' and 'audioplayer')
> but this function doesn't work (i think version 3.8.1)
> The function still not excist in the octave function list
> (http://octave.sourceforge.net/functions_by_alpha.php?letter=A) all of the
> tree functions doesn't excist…

Please always reply to the mailing list so everyone can follow and
benefit from the discussion.

The audiodevinfo, audiorecorder, and audioplayer functions are all
implemented in the upcoming Octave 4.0.0 release, but not in version
3.8.1.

> When are they in the install package or how get i the beta(?) version

If you are willing to compile Octave yourself, you can download and
use it now, see the rc4 announcement [1]. Otherwise, you should wait
until your GNU/Linux distribution of choice is able to package it and
make it available for you to install.

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-maintainers/2015-04/msg00409.html

--
mike