help needed: printf(fid,"...

From: Daniel Collins
Subject: help needed: printf(fid,"...
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 04:30:06 -0400

Folks,

            First, thanks for the advice from Ben, Nick and all of the others.  Now I need help with my printf function; apparently, Octave is not quite like c – this may be part of the problem.  To details: from the command line interface, I type,

Fid = fopen(“c:\users\daniel\documents\try_it.txt”)

Octave apparently doesn’t like the path, so I retype it as,

Fid = fopen(“try_it.txt”)

Octave apparently likes this better; it returns,

Fid = -1

And no errors.  I create a very simple indexed execution loop for the variable d, But when I type,

printf(fid,”d = %.2f\n”,d(j))

Octave flags it as an error and states that the format template must be a character string.

I have typed “pkg list” at the prompt and there are none.

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks, everybody.

-djc