Re: Alternative Matlab/Octave compiler

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Alternative Matlab/Octave compiler
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 19:24:31 +0200

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 10:25 PM, Shmuel Safonov <address@hidden> wrote:
> This software produces stand-alone code that may run independently from
> Octave as Matlab Coder does or Matlab Compiler ver.<=3.0 (R13) did. At this
> moment  there is no Octave compiler, and so you can't convert your Octave
> code into a binary for additional speed or distribution. With some
> additional effort the discussed software may be a part of Octave but as you
> guess it is  orthogonal with existing Octave libraries packages but is
> purely a code generation tool. The tool may be adapted to the existing
> libraries (or the libraries may be adapted to the tool).
>

> --

Hi Shmuel,

Is your software libre software? If it isn't do not bother to answer
the next question.

Lets say I have a user defined function in a .m file. Would your
compiler generate C/C++ code or machine code? and can it compile the
whole languaje or just part of it?
Do you have an easy-to-try demo?