Re: Open GL and FLTK dependencies

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Open GL and FLTK dependencies
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2015 08:48:38 -0400

> On Oct 8, 2015, at 4:54 AM, merzong <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Dear everyone,
>
> I’ve just started using Octave (installed via Homebrew on OS X 10.10.5) for
> my research.
>
> First, I attempted to load a script file my predecessor gave me, but failed
> with an error “__fltk_uigetfile__: not available without OpenGL and FLTK
> libraries”.
> I googled about the dependency and tried doing “brew install fltk”, “brew
> install glfw2” and “brew install glfw3”, but still get the same error.
>
> Would anyone know the solution to this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Merzong

The libraries need to be present when Octave is built. So, you’ll need to
uninstall and then reinstall/build Octave. I’m not a Homebrew user, but I think
the command you need are …

brew uninstall octave
brew update && brew upgrade
brew install octave

If you’d like to use Aquaterm and/or Qt with the gnuplot toolkit, then you’ll
also need …

brew install gnuplot --with-aquaterm --with-qt4

Ben