dynamic libraries path within Octave

From: Antonio Vigueras-Rodríguez
Subject: dynamic libraries path within Octave
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 10:37:20 +0100

Hi,

I am working on this interface (with some extra features) with a C library:
http://wiki.octave.org/Packages#epanet-octave

It is still in alpha stage, however somethings are already working, and
I am trying to simplify the installation of the package on other
computer (with same arquitecture).

Is there a way to load inside octave shared libraries? At my personal
computer I solved it through LD_LIBRARY_PATH. In another computer with
more than one user I added to ldconfig libraries and it also works. But
I am guessing whether there is any easier method to add somehow within
the octaverc. It would make more simple to be used from different
platforms/distributions.

I have another questions about strings bridge octave->C++, where I have
found some strange behaviour, but I let it for another future question...

Thank you in advance,
Antonio