Re: Platform dependent plots

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Platform dependent plots
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 14:28:21 -0500

> On Jan 5, 2016, at 2:21 PM, Clinton Winant <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> With  Octave 4.0.0 and Gnuplot 4.6 patchlevel 4, 3 d plots produced in ubuntu
> 14.04 and Linux Mint 17.3 (based on ubuntu 14.04, the same script produces
> very different figures.  See attached
>
> I would love to run this down, but not sure which depencency I should check.
> The results are independent of which graphics processor is invoked: fltk or
> gnuplot or qt
>
> Any suggestions appreciated
>
> Clinton

The first plot is produced using gnuplot and the second looks to be using an
OpenGL toolkit.

Try adding

close all
graphics_toolkit gnuplot

to the top of the script. And then try …

close all
graphics_toolkit qt

Note that, since a figure maintains the toolkit that was active when it was
created,  you need to include “close all”.

Ben