Help needed with Octave 4.0 installation

From: Ranger48
Subject: Help needed with Octave 4.0 installation
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 00:27:16 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I'm trying to install Octave 4.0 on Ubuntu 14.04. I added the repository and
then tried to install the required build tools, but I get this result:

E: Package 'gfortran' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'automake' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'bison' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'flex' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'gperf' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'librsvg2-bin' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'libtool' has no installation candidate

These packages do not show up in synaptic package manager.

Any advice?

Thanks.