Octave 4.0 GUI and viewing, scrolling, and editing items of selected var

From: RT
Subject: Octave 4.0 GUI and viewing, scrolling, and editing items of selected variables.
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 11:09:12 -0500

Greetings

I've been testing the Octave 4.0 Gui and I was wondering if viewing, scrolling, and editing items of selected variable items was left out.  Example when I go to scroll back and forth or edit the values/items of a variable using qtoctave (and yes I know it has been discontinued for several years it just works great) if I want to see the values/items of a variable and know exactly where it is located by row and column I just click it from the variable list and I'm able to see, edit, and scroll back and forth thru all the values/items of the variable using the scroll bar.  See video https://youtu.be/to3kI-C5C60

I tried to do the same thing with Octave 4.0 but all I get is this see video https://youtu.be/BgRy-tRlLwc am I missing something?  If I want to scroll back and forth, edit items, or know where an item is located by row and column in a variable with a large data set how can I do this in the GUI for octave 4.0?  Has this not been added if not how do we get this submitted as something we would like added?  Am I the only one that likes to scroll thru his datasets from time to time to see what it looks like?

Thanks