Re: Please cooperate with me for octave 4 freezing issue (was Octave 4.0

From: jonativia
Subject: Re: Please cooperate with me for octave 4 freezing issue (was Octave 4.0.0 freezes during start on win7)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 09:15:03 -0800 (PST)

I've got the exact same problem. I cannot launch Octave 4.0.0 unless I start
Windows in safe mode. I'm running Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64 bits) and have an
NVIDIA Quadro K2100M graphics card. The weird thing is that it was running
fine some months ago. I installed the 64 bits version of Java RE in the
meantime, which I suspected was causing the problem, but I still face the
same issue after uninstalling JRE 64 bits.

The process octave-gui.exe stays open in the process manager and cannot be
terminated. I have also tried all the options mentioned in the thread (run
in command mode, with --no-gui option, etc.) and don't manage to make it
work. Moreover, if the octave-gui.exe process is active in the process
manager I cannot shut down Windows normally, Windows freezes in the shut
down screen and I have to switch it off by pressing the power button.

Anybody else has faced this problem?