Re: bim package symmetry boundary condition at reactor outlet

From: bim7
Subject: Re: bim package symmetry boundary condition at reactor outlet
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 09:36:44 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply.

Answering your questions:

> Counter-balancing that by the
> redirected convective flux did not work for me so far.

> I'm not sure what you mean here, can you provide more detail?

The idea is to set a Neumann-BC at the outlet exactly in that way, that the
convective flux vanishes, therfore the concentration gradient has to vanish
as well or am I getting this wrong.
Basically this would let the BC look like what I am searching for...
grad(u)=0

> what Robin condition are you imposing exactly?

Flux and concentration was set to zero, but as I now know, this does not
help, as I guess it also addresses the overall flux.

So you say I could use "bim2a_axisymmetric_advection_upwind" and no matter
which conditions I define on the boundary as Dirichlet-BC I will get a valid
result, forgetting about the boundary nodes?
Having something like some ghost nodes would be a work around...

What would be the idea for a rigourous solution?

Best regards and big thanks ;)
Sebastian