Re: new package versions released: optim-1.5.1, parallel-3.1.0, struct-1

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: new package versions released: optim-1.5.1, parallel-3.1.0, struct-1.0.13
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 04:59:07 -0700 (PDT)

Olaf Till-2 wrote
> The following new releases of Octave Forge packages are available:
>
> optim-1.5.1
>
> parallel-3.1.0
>
> struct-1.0.13
>
> They are released together since they share a fix in the build system.
> <snip>
> A note for people who cross-build packages: For 'optim' and 'parallel'
> it is currently necessary to pre-build the documentation (e.g. with
> Makefile target 'doc') in a configuration for a native build. This is
> supposed to be changed again. In releases of these packages on Octave
> Forge, however, the documentation is already pre-built.

Thanks very much for these releases.

I've installed optim and struct on Windows 7 (dev version) using the -forge
flag to avoid that doc building issue.
optim and struct install fine, parallel breaks with the following error
message:

:
pconnect.cc:29:24: fatal error: sys/socket.h: No such file or directory
 #include <sys/socket.h>
                        ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [pconnect.o] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/tmp/oct-LEvKO2/parallel-3.1.0/src'

pkg: error running `make' for the parallel package.
error: called from
    install at line 200 column 5
    pkg at line 397 column 9

http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?42572  &  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?41148