Re: Octave Instrument Control Package install on windows

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Octave Instrument Control Package install on windows
Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 08:30:18 +0900 (JST)

>From: Anoop Adhyapak
>To: help
>Date: 2016/5/7, Sat 06:57
>Subject: Octave Instrument Control Package install on windows
>

>Hi,
>

>Can you please help me with the installation of the instrument control package
>for octave on windows machine.
>I keep getting the message: "error: gpib: Your system doesn't support the GPIB
>interface" and am stuck finding the links to download all the necessary
>required files.

Octave 4.0.2 for windows downloadable from octave web site has pre-build octave
forge packages.
The instrument-control package is included among the pre-build packages.

However,

>> pkg load instrument-control

>> pkg list

Package Name         | Version | Installation directory
---------------------+---------+-----------------------
 instrument-control *|   0.2.2 |
...\share\octave\packages\instrument-control-0.2.2

But

>> tcp
error: 'tcp' undefined near line 1 column 1
>> gpib
error: 'gpib' undefined near line 1 column 1

The instrument-control seems not to work on windows.

Stefan Mahr

Do you know whether does instrument-control work on windows?
If it works, are there limitation on windows?

Tatsuro