Re: Scatter Plotting

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Scatter Plotting
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 15:25:41 -0700

On Sun, Jun 05, 2016 at 18:13:38 -0400, Stephen H. Dawson wrote:
> Catchy, nice functionally.
>
> Well, perhaps I am not asking my question properly. If I have 3 columns
> in a spreadsheet of x, y, and z values, how do I enter those 3 values
> for each location into the scatter3 function?

  x = [x1, x2, x3, ...];
  y = [y1, y2, y3, ...];
  z = [z1, z2, z3, ...];
  scatter3 (x, y, z);

The demos generate random x, y, and z, but I think they pretty clearly
show how the coordinate vectors are passed to the function, as well as
how to pass additional arguments to set the size or color of each of the
points.

It's the same as line plotting, the function takes in individual arrays
for each independent dimension of the plot. Corresponding values in
those arrays are the points of the line, histogram, scatter plot, or
surface that is being plotted.

Is that what you are asking about?

--
mike