Re: libsvm with octave

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: libsvm with octave
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 15:10:46 +0200

Le 12/06/2016 à 12:15, 조상훈 a écrit :
I have made numerous attempts to run libsvm-3.21 on my octave without success.
Currently I have libsvm installed in my mac El Capitan, where I have octave
4.0.0 as well.
Unfortunately I keep on failing in running  libsvm, particularly in compiling
mex files to oct. files.
Whenever I execute a command to run libsvm, my octave responds that
‘libsvmread’ is undefined.
Could anybody help me with a concrete procedure?

Hello,

(DISCLAIMER : I am neither a Mac user nor a libsvm user.)

First, you talk about "compiling mex files to oct. files". Note that mex-files and oct-files are two different things (but both of them need to be compiled).

Second, octave complains that it cannot find libsvmread. If, as I lelieve, libsvmread is a mex- or oct-file, this is not surprising since you failed to compile them.

So, your first task is to compile the mex- or oct-files. If you want help about that you will have to provide more information : how did you install libsvm, which steps do you follow when trying to compile the mex-files, and which error message(s) do you get?

@++
Julien