Re: Symbolic Package Display

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Symbolic Package Display
Date: Sat, 6 May 2017 13:30:41 -0700

On Sat, May 06, 2017 at 09:29:20 -0700, Thomas D. Dean wrote:
> I use X and command line octave on Linux.  Seems like the interaction of the
> GUI, me, and other applications have difficulties.  I frequently cut/paste
> between applications in multiple xterms.  Anyway, I prefer the command line.
>
> The output of the symbolic package is not useful.
[…]
> Is there some setting that will change this?

It looks like your terminal emulator doesn't support UTF-8 or is set to
assume a different character encoding. If you use a terminal emulator
that handles UTF-8 correctly, it should look right.

Or you can use the sympref command to display symbolic variables
differently.

Try either `sympref display ascii` or `sympref display flat` if you
don't want the default UTF-8 behavior.

--
mike