Re: Saving PNG to ODF file

From: siko1056
Subject: Re: Saving PNG to ODF file
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 12:19:43 -0700 (PDT)

themattdiaz wrote
> Hello,
>
> At the moment I have a code that reads data from a sensor and saves it to
> a csv file. The code then opens a batch file that calls a python function,
> csv2odf, which converts the csv into a ODF file with a template of my
> choosing.
>
> I then have a separate code that reads the orignal csv file and creates a
> histogram of it and saves it as a PNG. What I have been doing is
> copy-pasting the PNG into the ODf file. What I want to do however is
> simply create the report all in one go. So my question is how can I merge
> these two codes together? Basically I want to save the PNG image to the
> ODF file that is created using the csv2odf function.
>
> Thanks

How is your question Octave related? All I see is, you are generating an
histogram (maybe using Octave? You didn't say so explicitly?) and save it as
PNG. What csv2odf python function do you use? Maybe this one [1]? Wasn't it
easier for your workflow to ask the author of [1] how to include some
graphic? Maybe you can modify his code, as it is GPL free software.

Kai.

[1]: https://sourceforge.net/p/csv2odf/wiki/Main_Page/