Re: Textscan and csv fitness data problem

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Textscan and csv fitness data problem
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2018 12:51:23 -0700 (MST)

NJank wrote
> On Jan 1, 2018 12:13 PM, "PhilipNienhuis" <

> pr.nienhuis@

> > wrote:
>
> NJank wrote
>> On Jan 1, 2018 9:06 AM, "Thomas Esbensen"
>

> As to textscan, Dan did a lot of good work lately, I think the bugs you
> implied have been fixed in the development branch.
>

> Yeah, i noticed that. Would those make it into a 4.2.2 or not until 4.4.0?
> Been keeping my fingers crossed that it would suddenly "just work" and I
> wouldn't have to dive into his data again.

Have a look in the log: http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave
bugs 52116 and 52479 have been fixed on stable, the last one (bug 52550)
not. If you want you can ask in the latter bug report to backport it to
stable.

As to csv2cell's erroneous column conversion, I've fixed that stupid bug and
pushed it. To use it, get csv2cell.cc from here:

http://hg.code.sf.net/p/octave/io/file/31b7ff5ee040/src/csv2cell.cc

and then do

mkoctfile csv2cell.cc

to build a fixed version. Swap it into place, using
"pkg load io; which csv2cell"
to find out where it should live, followed by
"pkg unload io; clear -f"
to clear the way for copying (otherwise csv2cell.oct is locked), and then
copy csv2cell.oct into place.

Philip