Re: Installation problem of octave 4.2.1 on Windows 10

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Installation problem of octave 4.2.1 on Windows 10
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 14:03:59 -0800

> On Jan 3, 2018, at 19:11, Svetlana Tkachenko <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> It would be nice to know answers to these questions asked on the list earlier:
>
> - Did you install 64 bits version or 32 bits? (Renato S. Yamane)
> - Are you trying GUI version of Octave? Does the issue happen if you run the
> console version? (John Frain)
> - Does uninstalling and reinstalling Octave help? (John Frain)
> - If you start GUI, are you able to read and copy/paste what the command
> window says at the top, it includes useful information for troubleshooting?
> (John Frain)
> - Does the issue happen under a new OS user? (Svetlana Tkachenko)

I’m seeing the same problem on a Lenova notebook running windows 10 (v 1607).

Both 32bit and 64bit installs fail.

My 1st install was with 64bit. Which worked the first day and now consistently
crashes.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled a few times, with no impact.

The cli version also crashes.

Nothing is displayed at the GUI command line.

The cli closes too fast to read what is there.

A work around is to run octave-cli.exe from the new Windows PowerShell.

Ben