Re: Putting international characters into output files

From: mmuetzel
Subject: Re: Putting international characters into output files
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2018 02:42:34 -0500 (CDT)

No worries.
The Pound symbol should display correctly in the command window (even on
Windows).
If I write the following in a script, select the whole line and execute
using F9, it shows up correctly. (It will be less tedious once Octave 5.0
will be available.):
t = "£"

Which steps are you doing that provoke the character not being shown? Are
you referring to the Command Window or to the Workspace panel? Or both?
I am interested in this because there currently are ongoing efforts to make
Octave more Unicode aware across all supported platforms.

Markus